Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Abu Dhabi Mangroves

Instead of traveling this spring break, we opted for a much needed holiday closer to home in Abu Dhabi.

While many people think there is nothing but desert here, there are also amazing forests of mangroves just a few minutes from the city.  Tomorrow morning we will venture out on a kayak tour. I have always wanted to do this, but then….

Tonight after I took this picture, I saw something swimming across the water.  Home to a lot of wildlife such as foxes, birds and fish, I didn't think of snakes until I was alone in the dark.  This thing was probably a turtle, but it was there I recalled my childhood days of seeing snakes swim across water.  

I immediately did some research about the mangroves, and all seems much safer than the water snakes I know from Texas.  Regardless, praying for some really cute turtles tomorrow.


Abu Dhabi's Eastern Mangroves at night


No comments: