Sunday, August 26, 2012

All good things come to an end


Two sailboats making their way to the Dardanelles in Turkey

The above picture isn't so great. Ya, its colorful, but there is a lot of camera shake.  It was a very windy day in the Marmara region of Turkey.  So windy that I was having a hard time standing still myself.  However, I like the picture anyway.

It's not about the sharpness.  This is about the signs of summer coming to an end - summer holidays and travel coming to an end.  In retrospect, holidays often seem like a dream so it is only appropriate they are a little blurred.

The sunflowers have died, the sea is a deeper blue from the clouds in the sky that were not there the previous week.  The air has that distinctive smell that triggers something.  Autumn is just around the corner, and this means school will begin very soon.

I am back in Dubai where I am (technically) tied to my son's school system for my travels now.  And so the next chapter begins...

No comments: